With the approach of yet another Summer without the presence of a local pub and the associated benefits to the local community, members of the Save the Windmill Group have decided to push harder than ever to restore The Windmill to its former glory.
The group which meets on a monthly basis has decided to explore the local and wider interest and support for a community bid to purchase the pub. This would be funded by multiples of £100 shares being purchased by locals and visitors, with the purpose of developing and re-opening The Windmill.
Currently the group are only requesting an expression of interest to purchase shares should they become available, not the payment for, or issue of shares now, demonstrating that The Windmill Pub remains wanted and viable.
In October 2015, the group commissioned a professional independent viability report, which supported The Windmill’s viability as a successful pub (see viability tab above to download the full report). This report will be fundamental in opposing any further Change of Use Application by the owner on the grounds of non-viability due to the recent and unsuccessful marketing of it, for lease only.
If you are interested, or would like to know more, please get in touch at the links above.